“Youth Guardians: Integrating Safeguarding and Mental Health in Youth Work” is an mid-level training course, aimed at youth workers between 18-30 years old. The aims of this programme will be exploring the symbiotic relationship between mental health, human rights, and safeguarding. With this connection participants will gain an understanding of why these three elements cannot be treated in isolation, we will continue with the ethical and legal frameworks that underpin youth work, ensuring that participants comprehend and know how to put in practice the importance of responsible and sensitive action
The training course takes place from the 23rd of March to the 29th of March 2024 in Farnières (BE).
The main objectives of this training course are to develop an implement a qualitative learning programme on Mental Health and Safeguarding policies in youth work, aimed at generating strategic impact on DBYN Member Organisations and the youth sector. In order to put achieve in this aim, we put forward these objectives:
1. To develop knowledge, competences, and skills of our youth workers o work with children and young who are facing mental health problems, but with a focus on the most vulnerable in their target groups.
2. To give the knowledge and guidelines we have of our Safeguarding policy and work based in ‘Dignity’ developed publication of DBYN.
3. To share successful approaches, polices, and strategies to expose participants to a range of best practices in Safeguarding and Mental Health.
4. To support our youth workers with good practices and specific activities that can be learned form trainers and other participants, originating in their own organisations.
5. To act as a multipliers within organisations.
This project is a training course co-funded by the European Youth Foundation from the Council of Europe.
Profile of participants
The participants of this training course will get familiarised with Mental Health and Safeguarding concepts and how to implement good practices in daily life for oneself and the young people they are in charge of. In order to attain this outcome, we’d put forward following profile:
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH YOUR LOCAL ORGANISATION.
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Domaine de Farnières is a unique place, nestled in the heart of the Ardennes forest, in the Salm valley, Belgium. In a beautiful natural setting, the hamlet of Farnières welcomes young people and families in search of healing and reconnection to nature.
More info: https://farnieres.be/contact/